MENTAL HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING TEA
Really busy days get the best of me, I get head congestion’s and sometimes I feel a little woozy. For a while I’ve been hearing and reading about tea and it’s mental health benefits, so 2 weeks back I decided to try it and trust me it worked like a charm. I’ve never tea really been a fan of tea probably because of the way I prepared it , which is actually the normal way of preparing tea with milk and sugar for some reason it always seems to make me feel like going to the toilet.
When I started drinking tea again two weeks ago I decided to use Coffee mate creamer with honey, I didn’t get the same experience like when I used milk and sugar. Sometimes I exchange the honey with sweetener.
Anytime I have a cup of tea my head feels lighter and it soothes my entire body. Here are some Benefits of Drinking Tea and I hope it entices you into making a mean cup one day.
10 Benefits of Drinking Tea
There are a lot of beneficial components in tea. As it is a natural infusion of herbs, fruits, flowers or leaves. All organic components have its basic functions in the human body, but these three (L-theanine, Antioxidants & Caffeine) perform major functions which help mobilize the brain.
L-theanine is an amino-acid which the body does not produce, it affects the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. These include serotonin and dopamine, which influence mood, sleep, and emotion and cortisol, which helps the body deal with stress.
Caffeine is a natural stimulant most commonly found in tea, coffee and cacao plants. It works by stimulating the brain and central nervous system, helping you to stay alert and preventing the onset of tiredness.
Antioxidants are substances that can prevent or slow damage to cells caused by free radicals, unstable molecules that the body produces as a reaction to environmental and other pressures. It is said to have a protective control over cancer as cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells.
With all theses ingredients tea has the ability of providing positive stimulation to the mind and body.
- Due to the inclusion of antioxidants in tea it helps repair and regenerate cells, which gives it its ability to warps of cancers and slow down aging.
- The function of L-theanine is mostly focused on the mind and brain. It alters the attention networks in the brain and can have demonstrable effects on brain waves which helps you relax and concentrate fully on any given task.
- It helps lower your stress level.
- Red tea especially helps to reduce irritability and inflammation in the body thereby relieving you of headaches, nervousness, tension and insomnia.
- Tea has less caffeine than coffee. Caffeine is said to help boost your memory.
- It keeps you hydrated and at the same time provides antioxidants.
- With the help of caffeine you have the ability to stay alert and sharp.
- Tea lowers your ability of having cognitive impairment.
- It speeds up your metabolism.
- Best of all it keeps you in a good mood.
Hope you all enjoyed this post and have learned a thing or two about tea☕️ Don’t forget to share the knowledge.
See you next time?